The YWCA operates the Grace M. Pollock Child Development Center at our building in Allison Hill, which provides care for children from 6 weeks to 6 years of age. Additionally, the Child Development program provides before and after school care for children up to 12 years of age. The facility is fully licensed and is part of the STARS program (a standardized, state-administered quality assurance program). The YWCA also runs a summer camp.
Day Care & Before and After School Programs
- All-day care for children 6 weeks to 12 years old, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Licensed and regulated by the Department of Human Services
- Participant in the Keystone STARS program requiring the program to consistently evaluate and improve methods by which enrolled children are nurtured and prepared for primary education
- YWCA believes children learn best by doing and integrate all enrolled children into each activity
- Provide individual attention, nurturing and exposure to a wide variety of age-appropriate resources, activities and experiences
YWCA Greater Harrisburg’s Summer Camp
The YWCA Greater Harrisburg’s Summer program serves youth in grades K-6, (children must have completed kindergarten to attend camp). The program provides a safe environment with structured activities that promote creativity, hands on learning, teamwork, and personal growth. Campers will enjoy creating memories and building lasting friendships.
Camp Activities Include
- STEM education, arts and crafts, physical activities, introduction to beginners Spanish, cooking, swimming, and weekly field trips.
- Summer camp will begin on June 12, 2023, and end on August 18, 2023.
- Program hours run from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM, Monday-Friday and includes breakfast, lunch, and snacks.
- Program fee: Fulltime - $185.00 weekly, CCW accepted - limited scholarships may be available.
- Facility tours are available by appointment.
Program Director - Yohamma Serrano at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717.234.7931
Click here to download and print an application.