Week Without Violence - Pre-Order Your Resource Guide
We are all navigating a new normal. Our personal and professional priorities have likely shifted in response to the global pandemic. Yet, our doors have remained open serving the region’s most vulnerable populations. We are nimble and adaptive to the needs of our clients and community, while maintaining the health and safety of staff and shelter residents.
We have also witnessed civil and political unrest as inequities surface challenging our assumptions about the society in which we live, work and serve. The YWCA is working at the crossroads of society’s most pressing issues. We are providing critical health and safety needs by housing and case managing hundreds of individual who may otherwise end up in emergency rooms. We are providing court accompaniments so our victims receive justice. We are operating a full time daycare to provide individuals the ability to return to work.
We are doing this work through the lens of our vision, mission and purpose. The YWCA is on a mission to eliminate racism and empower women. We work at the intersection of gender, race, age, ethnicity, and orientation. We see firsthand that violence is perpetrated at higher rates in communities of color and against women. That is why we are changing things up this year. We are making a bold statement about the root causes of violence and the consequences that result from it.
We are unveiling a new campaign and we hope you will join us. The Week Without Violence Campaign has one purpose: to raise awareness and engage action to end the broad spectrum of violence – as part of a global movement with the World YWCA – against people of color, women and girls.
Due to the impact of COVID-19, we are unable to host our annual Power of Style Fashion Show during October - Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Funds raised from this event are crucial to the programs and services we offer to our community.
But we can’t do it alone. Our power comes from our bold, passionate donors and sponsors who are equally committed to the work of justice.
Your impact matters and sets the tone in our community, so please consider these questions:
- Will you make a commitment to our community?
- Do you stand with us in supporting equality for all people?
- How is your company or organization part of the conversation to end injustice?
This is your opportunity to join us and make a statement that you stand against racism, oppression and injustice. Show your constituents, customers, and shareholders that your values align with theirs on safety and equal access for all people, by supporting this important cause.
Our Week Without Violence Resource Guide IS a platform for local businesses and organizations to make a bold statement that they support equality. Those featured in the Resource Guide are the premiere supporters of the Week Without Violence campaign.
Grab your own Week Without Violence Resource Guide and help the YWCA continue its efforts!
Why Purchase a Week Without Violence Guide for $50?
Every bit of support helps – but let’s break it down!
- $50 provides a victim free civil legal representation when filing a Protection From Abuse petition as they flee an abusive partner.
- $50 provides a week of safe shelter for a victim and her family.
- $50 provides a week’s worth of groceries and cleaning supplies to a women with children in our shelter.
- $50 provides a training on prevention education and intervention to build awareness on topics of interpersonal violence and systemic racism.
- $50 provides one hour of financial empowerment training, job coaching and a voucher for professional attire at Dress for Success.
- Campaign Kick-Off
- Voter Registration at the YWCA, 1-4 PM
- When Domestic Violence Comes to Work - Your Guide to Leading Teams, 9-10 AM. Click here to register.
- Bodies and Soul - What Every Lawyer Needs to Know About Sex Trafficking, 11:30 AM-12:30 AM. Click here to register.
- Check us out on Good Day PA
- Find us on Facebook as we wrap up our campaign and find our what's next!
Thank you to our sponsors and premiere supporters of the Week Without Violence!
Boyer & Ritter
Keystone Contracting, Inc.
Claraval & Claraval
McNees Wallace & Nurick
Penn National Insurance
Ralph E. Jones
Saltzgiver & Boyle
Schein Ernst Mishra Eye
Alexander Building Construction Co.
Big Ern Flooring
Central Penn College
Property Management Group, Inc.
For more information or to support, contact Tiffanie Keck at 717-724-2250 or email@example.com.